Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
We are looking for an Electronic Technical Writer / XML Editor to join our growing company! In this role you will apply your expertise to write, rewrite and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, write, edit and proofread complex technical data.
- Create, maintain and update manuals, procedures, specifications and other documents.
- Create, maintain and update installation instructions, training material and other technical documents.
- Design and establish style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Create, compile and deliver software developmental documentation packages.
- Review, revise, modify or edit documents prepared by others.
- Electronic Technical Manual (ETM).
- Experience writing in XML/S1000D International Specification for Technical Publications/IETM/Data Module writing.
- Highly proficient using Arbortext authoring software tool.
- Experience with vector graphic designing applications (IsoDraw preferred).
- Experience with SGML, XML coding/MIL-STD-40051-2C, MIL-HDBK 1222.
- Full knowledge of industry practices. Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks.
- Secret clearance
- 5+ years' experience
: Full-Time, Salary-Exempt
On-site at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement: As a federal contractor in compliance with Executive Order 14042, effective November 1, 2021, all positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. RSC2, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.