Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
We are looking for Mid-Level Systems Administrators to join our growing company! The System Administrator supports NHCNE in the administration, operation, and end-user support of the campus area network, equipment, servers, workstations, VTC, MFD, and end-users. This role is located in Newport, Rhode Island.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software Installation and Testing - 1) provide technical support to all users and/or perform corrective functions necessary to correct software and systems failures, errors, and malfunctions; 2) perform routine operating system and application software installation and maintenance; 3) maintain existing database management systems applications; 4) provide installation support of vendor-supplied software fixes for operation and application software; and 5) provide one-on-one training for standard software products used at the command as required.
- Technical Support - 1) troubleshoot equipment, identify problems areas and make in-house repairs or send and track progress of equipment under warranty to identified repair centers; 2) ensure desktop, laptop and notebook computer systems are functioning properly and determine ways to improve operation and utilization; 3) set up custom operating configurations such as multiple drive and multiple operating system requirements commensurate with the needs of the customer; 4) provide over-the-phone “walk-through” troubleshooting, networking and software advice; 5) migrate existing workstation software while maintaining user profile and personalized configurations where applicable; and 6) install and test functionality of operating systems, menus and application software. .
- Network Support - Provide basic network hardware support, such as replacing concentrator modules, swapping network ports (at patch panel), and facilitating relocation of networked workstation.
- Telecommunication Support - Prepare Telephone Service Requests (TSRs) for users and provide necessary troubleshooting support for telephones and coordinate with Base Operating Support to solve problems and coordinate upgrades to telephone systems. Support will require operation, call setup and training for video teleconferencing equipment including, remotely, throughout the command.
- Computer Operations - Monitor environment, supply inventory, perform system restarts and system backups. The contractor will perform routine checks of assigned servers to include event and security logs and other standard checks as determined necessary for server administration.
- Systems Security - provide Network Security Officer support as directed by the Network Administrator or the command Information System Security Officer. The contractor shall maintain the command inventory of all equipment to be used with the Command Contingency Plans (processor types, memory configuration, manufacturer, serial and plant accounting numbers, software version and license/registration numbers).
- Administrative Support - Receive service calls for telephone and computer-related maintenance, troubleshooting and repair problems; prepare appropriate paperwork for all service calls (e.g. Telephone Service Requests, Help Desk Information Sheets, etc.). The contractor will participate in, and actively support system configuration management activities including full documentation as required.
- Windows 10 Enterprise operating systems/Server 2012/2016)
- Active Directory
- Video Teleconferencing equipment, their operations and configuration
- Analyze problems typically found in the medical environment and offer solutions involving legacy clinical applications
- Superior writing and verbal communications skills inclusive of developing technical system-level specifications.
- Must have an in scope DoD background investigation with Secret Eligibility
- CompTIA Security+ CE or DoD IAT II equivalent
- Microsoft Certification
- Bachelor's Degree w/ 1 year of experience or 4 years of hands-on experience within similar operating environment
: On-site at Newport, RI
Full-Time, Salary-Exempt (Contingent upon contract award)
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement: As a federal contractor in compliance with Executive Order 14042, effective November 1, 2021, all positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. RSC2, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.