Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our growing company! This role participates in government oversight of contractor software development activities, to include as a supporting team member in agile development paradigm activities (e.g., scrums, sprint retrospectives), developing software acceptance criteria, and generating recommendations to the government Assistant Product Manager regarding development, development planning, development/test automation tools, requirements prioritization, test, evaluation, cross-system integration, and fielding/delivery, and post-delivery support of software-based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with system users, requirements owners, and developmental contractors to translate operational requirements into software requirements, designs, and implementations.
- Participates in planning, coordinating, scheduling, directing, and controlling engineering and technical support activities applicable to software development and integration of software tools/capabilities onto a variety of execution platforms.
- Participates in the development and execution of software and system test strategies.
- Reviews and assesses developmental contractor software code to ensure compliance with government-provided coding and cybersecurity standards.
- Provides integrated, multi-disciplinary solution recommendations for resolution of technical problems.
- Must have an Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- 8 years of direct experience with software development
- 3 years of experience managing software development teams
- 3 years in cyber or C4ISR systems
- BS and/or graduate degree(s) in Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience leading a "large team" (e.g. oversaw at least two agile teams)
- Experience with DevOps tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, BitBucket, Git, Nexus)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Mercurial, Git)
- Experience with Unix-based (to include Linux and Android) and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Application Programming Interfaces
- Experience with Powershell Installation scripting
- Experience working with web services
- Familiarity with DoD 5000 acquisition lifecycle processes
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to generate and deliver focused briefings on complex topics to senior leaders
- Ability to work on, and/or lead, multi-functional/multi-disciplinary teams
: On-site at Hanover, MD
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement: As a federal contractor in compliance with Executive Order 14042, effective November 1, 2021, all positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. RSC2, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.