Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
We are looking for a Personal Computer Support Technician / System Administrator to join our growing company! This role requires an Active Secret Clearance. This position is located in Naval Air Station Hospital in Jacksonville, FL and will perform IT/LAN Support Services for a Navy Drug Screening Laboratory. The Support Technician provides all support functions, tasks, and responsibilities to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. This technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and test software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Provide LAN-based customer support, user orientation and documentation for hardware and software microcomputer problems.
- Provide analysis & documentation detailing problems and corrective actions taken.
- Provide the necessary configuration requirements to ensure required functional needs of the agency as required in DoD 5200.28-STD, Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria.
- Coordinate and monitor laboratory data communication services and facilities daily.
- Assist in the monitoring and control of the NDSL JAX’s life cycle management plan on a weekly basis as needed.
- Coordinate and responsible for monitoring and implementing Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patches and policies.
- Document, review, and comply with Local Area Network security requirements and techniques for protecting computer systems from viruses, data tampering, and unauthorized system entry.
- Install and Update software virus.
- Ensure future PC and server installations are consistent with the new overall design and are compliant with DOD and Navy directives.
- Design, develop and maintain an automated Help Desk solution using a Web based format for both input and maintenance.
- Assist in Systems Administration of all servers utilized in support of the Command’s mission.
- Support multiple platforms including Solaris, Linux, and various Windows server platforms.
- Assist the lead development team at U.S. Army Medical Information Technology Center (USAMITC) San Antonio in support of the Forensic Toxicology Drug Testing Laboratory/Information Management System (FTDTL/IMS).
- Assists with security compliance using automated tools such as HBSS, Group Policy, Shavlik, Retina, Systems Management Server (SMS), and manual configuration.
- Utilize Shavlik Software Tools to track, report, and apply patches across the client’s domain.
- Act as administrator of Retina products to ensure devices meet DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) baseline requirements and to identify and remediate devices not in compliance.
- Manage the Windows System Update Server to apply patches across the clients Active Directory schema both internal and external networks.
- Monitor, perform and verify compliance with security requirements and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA).
- Manage the periodic back-up of all servers in NDSL spaces.
- Coordinate the off-site storage of magnetic back-up media.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
- Certifications in CompTIA A+ CE, CompTIA Security+ CE, Windows 10 and/or Windows Server 2008.
- Proficient in working with MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Windows 2008/2016 Server and upgrades as appropriate, Windows 7 and Windows 10 and upgrades as appropriate, DoD and DoN Legacy Applications, HBSS, Group Policy, Shavlik, ACAS, Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM), SMS.
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience in knowledge of application, software installation, maintenance and help desk support.
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience in data base design/information system network design and implementation.
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience in knowledge of development and maintenance of Life Cycle Management.
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience in support and maintenance of IAVAs.
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience in familiarity for design of Structured Query Language (SQL) queries for both Oracle and Microsoft SQL based systems.
: On-site at Naval Air Station Hospital in Jacksonville, FL
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.