RSC2 is searching for a Software Engineer to join our team and provide support for one of our government customers in Aberdeen, MD! This candidate will monitor the development of the contractor’s agile process, understand the SW process, and provide subject matter expertise to the customer.
- Collaborates with system users, requirements owners, and developmental contractors to translate operational requirements into software requirements, designs, and implementation.
- Planning, coordinating, scheduling, and controlling engineering and technical support activities applicable to software development and integration
- Participates in the development and execution of software and system test strategies. Reviews and assesses developmental contractor software code to ensure compliance with government-provided coding and cybersecurity standards
- Participates in government oversight of contractor software development activities, to include as a supporting team member in agile development paradigm activities, developing software acceptance criteria, and generating recommendations to the government.
- Provides integrated, multi-disciplinary solution recommendations for resolution of technical problems
- Experience with Agile methodologies & DevOps tools is highly desired
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Mercurial, Git)
- Experience with Unix-based (to include Linux and Android) and Windows OS
- Familiarity with Application Programming Interfaces
- Experience with Powershell Installation scripting
- Experience working with web services
Education and Experience
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Technology related field of study (equivalent experience may be considered)
- Must have at least 5 years of direct experience with software development
- Must have 3 years in cyber or C4ISR systems