US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a security clearance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
RSC2 is seeking a Senior Java Developer. The Senior Java Developer will analyze, design, code and document complex applications for large-scale IT systems. The Candidate will perform technical tasks using both standard and nonstandard analysis, design, and programming methods and techniques. The Candidate will help to determine customer requirements for the final program or system. The Java Developer also will analyze problems in terms of such factors as user requirements, input data and form, output data and form. The Candidate assesses and recommends methods of improving efficiency of existing programs and systems.
Sr. Software Engineer Responsibilities:
• Must analyze, design, code and document complex applications for large-scale IT systems.
• Performs technical tasks using both standard and nonstandard analysis, design, and programming methods and techniques.
• Assess and recommend methods of improving efficiency of existing programs and systems
• Closely interact with stakeholders, participate in requirements defect analysis, remediation, and delivery.
• Conduct Software development, code review, test, and release through continuous integration.
• Support review sessions; demonstrate features and improvements.
• Mentor junior members, conduct knowledge sharing sessions, write white papers, and participate in expanding organizational intellectual properties.
• Facilitate the creation of end-user documentation.
• Provide excellent customer support, as needed.
Sr. Software Engineer Required Skills:
• 8+ years J2EE / Java development experience
• 3+ years of technical architecture experience integrating IAM software into clients' infrastructure and applications.
• Experience through the full Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
• Experience developing and deploying software operating on RedHat (or other) Linux servers.
• Experience with REST and SOAP based web services and SOA.
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust, BI clearance
• Regular on-time and on-site attendance
• Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
• Linux experience helpful (Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred)
• Oracle 10g/11g Development, CMMI, ITIL, Agile is highly preferred
• Experience with Rational Tools Suite
• Experience with EJB development
• Experience with Hibernate/JPA, and Spring
• Experience with Secure Software Development and issue remediation
• Experience with Section 508 compliance and resolving issues in web-based interfaces
• Experience with Liferay or similar portal platforms
• Experience with Alfresco content management system
• Prior experience working for a government contractor is highly preferred
• Prior experience working within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) space is highly preferred
• Current VA Clearance is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required; 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
• Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) work experience
• Active Public Trust, BI clearance
• Microsoft Certification(s) highly desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The duties of this position require a candidate to successfully receive and maintain a security clearance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position may require up to 10% travel.