US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain Public Trust level of access.
We are seeking a Network Engineer - II to support a government contract in Sterling, VA with responsibilities for:
- Install and support network communications, including Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems.
- Evaluate current systems and assist in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Create detailed hands-on operational and maintenance, to include engineering planning diagrams depicting end-to-end infrastructure devices.
- Troubleshoot network environments
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to test and evaluate new products
- Willing and eager to learn new technology
- Performance monitoring and SLA measurements
- Technology Skills
- VPC, VDC, VLAN, DHCP, IPSec, VXLAN
- Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- IPv4 and IPv6
- NIST 800-53 knowledge of government security best practices and standards
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
- Hardware and Software knowledge
- Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000 series switches
- Cisco Nexus 9000 series (ACI knowledge is a plus)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls (FirePOWER knowledge is a plus)
- F5 Load Balancer knowledge is not required, but is a plus
- Cisco PoE switches
- Cisco ASR routers
- IOS and NX-OS
- Network Management tools (Solarwinds, NetBrain, Prime, DNA etc...)
- Knowledge of Cisco TACACS+ or ISE is a plus
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline is required, and at least six (5) years' experience with emphasis on computer network systems.
- Occasional travel as required.