RSC2 has an opening for a Senior Data Architect on our team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs. This is a senior-level position that requires the architect to thoroughly understand strategic data management standards, foundational processes, and a wide range of technologies related to data catalogs, metadata management, data interfaces and exchanges. The architect will design and document the data solution patterns and define steps to move data architecture from the current to a target state. The architect will play a key role in proof of concepts, domain-driven design, data governance, and ensuring that data design principles, standards, and patterns are appropriately applied.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Investigate, discover, and analyze data requirements (on-going, high-level and project specific) to build an enterprise data architecture that meets agency strategic goals and IT objectives
- Develop and maintain views of current and target enterprise data architecture, to support agency data vision, enterprise architecture goals, and other strategic objectives
- Be a thought leader and champion industry best practice and solutioning
- In coordination with IT leadership, develop data integration strategies and roadmaps for the enterprise
- Develop, refine, document, and publish models and proposed solutions to meet agency needs with respect to enterprise data, data integration, data warehousing, master data management and enterprise reporting
- Develop and recommend data management policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent data management operations
- Interact extensively and regularly with other architects, developers, and project teams to advance enterprise data architecture as part of all relevant IT projects
- Contribute to IT projects as a data architect to design and develop high-quality solution components to advance an enterprise data architecture.
- Perform analysis as needed to understand and propose solutions
- Collaborate with IT Portfolio Managers to develop data management artifacts and to offer technical advice and alternative solutions
- Assist solution architects, data stewards, quality assurance team and other staff to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy
- Support IT Leadership by undertaking business analysis, data analysis, and other research and investigation activities as assigned.
- Supervise Data Architecture and Dashboard team members
- Assist with determining opportunities to increase efficiency, improve information sharing, and reduce costs within the EA environment
- Assist with the standardization, reduction and simplification of services and information technology assets based on mission needs, resource constraints, advances in technology, and planning within the IT industry and the Federal environment
- Provide enterprise information and data management support, to include:
- Expertise in data architectural principles and standards
- Advisory and benchmark services to assess information and data management maturity
- Recommendations and best practice techniques to advance information and data architecture practices
- Provide support to the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and EA Director
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible
- Strong business acumen, though leadership and communication skills required
- A master’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, math, or an equivalent field. 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
The worksite is located in Washington DC. Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.