US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
RSC2 is seeking a Senior Acquisition Specialist to support the Special Operations Command in Tampa, FL. The Acquisition Specialist will assist in analyzing, organizing, planning and administering various phases of day-to-day acquisitions and provisioning. The Acquisition Specialist will also assess acquisition logistics and establishes policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Other duties to include but not limited to:
· Develop Acquisition Requirement Packages, PALT metrics, Procurement Portfolio Management Tool databases, and contract strategies.
· Establish contract milestones in coordination with the requiring activity and the Army Contracting Command (ACC).
· Experience participating with Program Status Reviews through the Program Executive Office and their staff.
· Participate with various milestone and programmatic reviews.
· Act as a liaison between the PMs and ACC.
· Initiate acquisition strategies and plans.
· Develop, maintain and track acquisition program baseline documents as well as develop spend plans and spreadsheets.
· Initiate long range plans and program accomplishments relating to program objectives, taking into account any known or potential budgetary, schedule or technical constraints.
RSC2 seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
· A minimum of twelve years of experience as an Acquisition Specialist is required. Four additional years of related experience will substitute for bachelor’s degree.
· Experience in document writing during the Integrated Product Team process.
· Experience with risk analysis on contracting milestones.
· Subject matter expertise in impacts of new contracting regulations/guidance.
· Knowledgeable with DoDI 5000.02 and all acquisition streamlining reform initiatives.
· Experience with systems life cycle performance requirements.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.