Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
RSC2 is seeking a Mid-Level Developer to join our high-performance team of IT professionals supporting our VA customer. The Integration Engineer must have experience in the implementation of applications and services responsible for interacting with internal and external partner systems using a variety of data level and web service level operations (JDBC, SOAP WS, REST, and others.) This includes ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
The Mid-Level Developer will be part of a team that designs and implements the frontend User Interface for the Technical Reference Model. The candidate must be able to design, review and follow business requirements, code and implement UI changes as required by the customer. This candidate will work with a team of backend developers and testers to review the requirements and ensure all functionality works as expected before moving to Production.
The Mid-Level Developer will also join a team dedicated to the operations and maintenance of the Department of Veteran Affairs Enterprise Veterans Self-Service shared services components. The candidate will analyze, design, code and document complex applications for large-scale systems working in a matrixed team environment. The Candidate will perform technical tasks using both standard and nonstandard analysis, design, and programming methods and techniques. The Developer also will analyze problems in terms of such factors as defect reports, input data and form, output data and form. The Candidate assesses and recommends methods of improving efficiency of existing programs and systems. Candidates must have strong technical skills and background, a knack for learning new technologies and a blend of good problem-solving and innovation skills to resolve a wide variety of technical production challenges are needed. Critical thinkers, problem solvers, and those capable of individual contributions are desired.
- Work as part of a team of talented and efficient professionals.
- Participate in joint application design meetings with VA Staff
- Closely interact with stakeholders, participate in integration requirements, defect analysis, remediation, and delivery.
- Conduct Software development, code review, test, and release through continuous integration.
- Must analyze, design, code, and document complex applications for large-scale IT systems.
- Assess and recommend methods of improving efficiency of existing programs and systems.
- Performing system resource monitoring and analysis to identify risks and inadequacies, and be able to determine the need for expansion, enhancement, or revision.
- Review requirements for clarity and completeness
- Maintain code in GitHub
- Assist in application testing and documentation
- Provide excellent customer support, as needed.
- Able to speak to the customer in a way to that they understand the problem, improvement, or status of work.
The Mid-Level Developer will work with a team of 6 developers to keep the existing sites operational and include all necessary of updates approved by the VA PMs. Required technical expertise includes the following:
- 3+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience implementing client and server web services using Java.
- Experience through the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in design and development efforts related to web UI development
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Experience with REST and SOAP based web services and SOA.
- Understanding of SQL Stored procedures and tables
- Must have or able to attain a security clearance (background check)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- US Citizenship
- Experience developing and deploying software operating on RedHat (or other) Linux servers.
- Experience with Secure Software Development and issue remediation
- Exposure to “Material Design” concepts
- Experience in cloud solutions in Government and/or commercial environments
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience working in an Agile sprint-based development environment.
- Experience supporting Veterans Affairs contracts is a major plus
Full-Time, Salary Exempt
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.