Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The 9th Way Insignia team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. 9th Way Insignia is looking for a Wing Cybersecurity Lead to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The Wing Cybersecurity Lead aligns as a Level 4H Hybrid Manager/Lead at 9th Way Insignia. A Hybrid Manager at 9th Way Insignia accomplishes department objectives by managing staff and processes and evaluating department activities. He or she focuses on leading a team and working hands-on with projects involving technology. Hybrid Managers require skills and qualifications such as exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Functional Job (LCAT) Information:
A Wing Cybersecurity Lead must have extensive IT experience in all aspects of cybersecurity with a vast array of IT systems involving end users, as well as enterprise-level networks. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Designing and implementing systems that meet agency cybersecurity policy and regulations.
- Providing support for cybersecurity tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks.
Provide support in the following disciplines/functions: Risk Management Framework (RMF), Computer Security (COMPUSEC), TEMPEST (formerly known as Emissions Security [EMSEC]), and Communications Security (COMSEC).
Oversee and support RMF actions for AFNET and AFNET-S enclaves on Hanscom AFB as well as specific accreditation support for Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs).
Oversee and support the implementation/enforcement of cybersecurity policies, governance, and training of HAFB Information System Security Officers (ISSOs) and other stakeholders.
Develop and deliver monthly Cyber Readiness Review (CRR) status briefing based to include the following technical enclaves: Public Key Infrastructure, Scanning, Remediation, Vulnerability Scan, Program Management Office (PMO) Systems, Host Base Security System (HBSS), Traditional Security, VVOIP, Web/Database and Windows OS.
Assist in providing updates to base Network Security Policy.
Support and execute the RMF, including providing and maintaining Department of Defense (DoD) RMF Package Deliverables for Hanscom AFB enclaves.
Perform COMPUSEC Assessments on unit ISSOs.
Conduct TEMPEST assessment, certifications and re-certifications for classified processing areas on Hanscom AFB and provide TEMPEST (TSARR) countermeasures for classified processing areas contracted through Hanscom organizations.
Provide specific Certification and Accreditation (C&A) oversight and support to Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) in accordance with base host-tenant support agreements (MIT-Lincoln Laboratory and MITRE).
Assist Information System Security Officers in reviewing security features and documentation for proposed new systems connecting to core Hanscom networks.
Review, evaluate, research, correct, and process packages for Approving Official (AO) approval, including:
- Master System Security Plans (SSP)
- New classified Automated Information Systems (AIS)
- Recertification for existing packages due to expiration or changes to the security posture
- Memorandums of Understanding and Memorandums of Agreement for connecting internally networked systems to external networks
- Approval to Operate (ATO) and Interconnected Service Agreement (ISA) packages for AO signature/approval
- Security reviews in accordance with the NISPOM
Oversee identification, credential, and access management capabilities, including User Account Management and Elevated Privilege Management.
Provide direct support to the following integrated services:
- Cybersecurity Situational Awareness
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
Certification and Requirements:
This position requires IAT Level III certification, which includes at least one of the following certification requirements:
- CASP+ CE – CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) CE Certification
- CCNP Security - CCNA Security - Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA
- CISSP (or Associate) - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- GCED – GIAC - Certified Enterprise Defender
- GCIH – GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional | (ISC)²
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- Extensive experience working in the DoD using the RMF, Computer Security (COMPUSEC), TEMPEST (formerly known as Emissions Security [EMSEC]), and Communications Security (COMSEC).
- Hands-on experience in the implementation and enforcement of cybersecurity policies, governance, and training of DoD/Federal ISSOs and other security stakeholders.
- Experience developing and briefing senior executives on cybersecurity topics, including Public Key Infrastructure, Scanning, Remediation, Vulnerability Scan, Program Management Office (PMO) Systems, Host Base Security System (HBSS), Traditional Security, VVOIP, Web/Database, and Windows OS.
- Experience developing and implementing DoD Security Policies.
- Expertise conducting TEMPEST assessments, certifications, and re-certifications of classified and unclassified DoD infrastructure, domains, systems, applications, and facilities.
- Experience providing C&A oversight and support, including reviewing security features and documentation for proposed new systems and their associated connectivity.
- Experience reviewing, evaluating, researching, correcting, and processing packages for Approving Official (AO) approval.
- Experience with Credential and Access Management capabilities, including User Account Management and Elevated Privilege Management.
Clearance, Background Investigation:
Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
Work Location: Onsite at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
All positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. 9th Way Insignia is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org