Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The RSC2 team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. RSC2 is looking for a Service Desk Lead to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The Service Desk Lead aligns as a Level 3 Sr. Consultant. A Sr. Consultant completes tasks and projects of moderate scope and complexity. A Sr. Consultant exercises his or her best judgement and problem-solving skills within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action to execute assignments. A Sr. Consultant will also provide guidance and/or lead tasks and projects.
Functional Job (LCAT) Information:
A Service Desk Lead has experience in planning, implementing, and managing service desk systems. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Handling customer/user satisfaction issues.
- Reviewing data to identify trends and issues.
- Reporting trends to program execution teams.
Assist the Government Client Information Systems Manager by performing Service Desk Management.
Oversee the monitoring, control, configuring, and optimization of AFIN end device systems, including the activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources that pertain to the operation, administration, maintenance, and provisioning of end device systems. End devices include AFNET client computers; AFNET-S client computers; UC/voice subscribers; and associated peripheral devices.
Oversee End Device Management, including the installation and deployment, monitoring, configuration, maintenance, and security of end devices.
Provide Service Desk support for all personnel on Hanscom AFB, at geographically separated units (GSUs), and regional organizations.
Oversee the execution of all Service Desk responsibilities, including the following integrated services:
- End-to-End Performance Monitoring
- Situational Awareness
- Problem Management
- End User Device Protection, including Vulnerability Management and Cybersecurity
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
Oversee all local Service Desk services to support Hanscom AFB customers. Using a automated call distribution capability to accept incoming calls.
Oversee and participate in Service Incident Management activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources used to restore normal service operations. This also includes assignment/reassignment of Service Incidents and Requests from the Enterprise Service Desk to be managed by the Local Service Desk.
Oversee and participate in Service Request Management activities, methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources used to fulfill requests for AFIN services.
Provide guidance on, support the use of, and ensure that clients are configured for use of the Virtual Enterprise Service Desk (vESD).
Oversee the Local Registration Authority capability in support of Identification, Credential, and Access Management.
Oversee the services to provide local registration authority (LRA) services to Hanscom AFB and OPR-approved regional requests.
Certification and Requirements:
This position requires IAT Level II certification, which includes at least one of the following certification requirements:
- CCNA Security - Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- CySA+ - CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
- GICSP - GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) certification
- GSEC - GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) certification
- Security+ - Security+ CE
- CND - Certified Network Defender (CND) Certification
- SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner | (ISC)²
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- Hands on leadership/supervisory experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) Service Desk environment that includes a technical scope to include client computers; UC/voice subscribers; and associated peripheral devices.
- Experience with end-user Device Management, including the installation and deployment, monitoring, configuration, maintenance, and security of end devices.
- Service Desk experience with core processes and services that include:
- Performance Monitoring
- Problem Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Request Management and Trend Analysis
- Experience with Identity and Access Management; for example, Identification, Credential, and Access Management.
- Technical experience with an automated call distribution (ACD) system and reports, as well as the technical capabilities and limitations.
- Hands-on experience with Virtual Enterprise Service Desk (vESD).
Clearance, Background Investigation:
Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
Work Location: Onsite at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
All positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. RSC2 is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. email@example.com