Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
The Base-Level Information Technology Services (BLITS) program directly supports the mission of the 66th Air Base Group (66 ABG) at Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts. The objective of this program is to secure, support, and sustain information and information systems, as well as support mission success through effective and efficient service delivery. The technical services include a wide range of capabilities:
- Infrastructure and Transmission Management
- Network Operations
- Knowledge Operations
- Program and Financial Management’
- Quality Assurance
The rapid evolution of technology and continuing changes in Air Force cyber policy, organization, and procedures requires flexibility and operational knowledge of the Air Force Information Network (AFIN). The RSC2 team will work with Air Force managers, employees, and stakeholders to provide a high level of integration to deliver quantity, complexity, and interrelatedness of the information technology services tasks. RSC2 is looking for a Complete and Store Engineer to join this team.
Professional Level Information:
The Complete and Store Engineer aligns as an Engineer Level 3 at RSC2. An Engineer Level 3 typically plans and directs research or development work on complex projects, along with engaging various parties in design and development. Costs and recommendations of new components may also involve part of the job scope. An Engineer Level 3 performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the project and firm. He or she oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. An Engineer Level 3 has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. He or she has strong technical skills and background, a knack for learning new technologies, and a blend of good problem-solving and innovation needed to resolve a wide variety of technical production challenges.
Functional Job Information:
A Compute and Store Engineer provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration, and technical management. Specific position responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting in providing technical input to the systems engineering process specifically focused on Server Management and Storage Management.
- Leading teams in methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources that pertain to the operation, administration, monitoring, configuration, and maintenance of the server and storage hardware and software components of servers and their functions.
- Guiding customers in the installation and use of strategic operational products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance, problem solving, and critical situation resolution.
Assist the Air Force Infrastructure Services Flight Chief in Server and Storage Management, including coordination of server requirements for environmental and facility support, installation and deployment, monitoring, configuration, and security.
Oversee and participate in the execution of methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, tools, and resources that provide for the storage, retrieval, availability, backup and recovery, destruction, labeling, quota management, security, and confidentiality of AFIN user data.
Oversee the operations and maintenance of the physical and virtual server and SAN systems distributed in three data centers (primary and alternate facilities).
Oversee the Server Team as they secure, support, and sustain web, application, database, file, print, and Storage Area Network (SAN) hardware and operating systems. This includes support and sustainment of the enterprise backup system, stand-alone backups, and server facility management for core and SLA systems.
Oversee support for the virtual desktop infrastructure and print service capabilities.
Oversee and participate in support for compute and storage, including, but not limited to:
- Performance Monitoring
- Problem Management
- Cybersecurity, in a server and storage environment
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Continuity of Operations
Oversee and provide direct support to the following integrated services:
- End-to-End Performance Monitoring
- Situational Awareness
- Service Incident Management
- Problem Management
- End User Device Protection
- Vulnerability Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Capacity Planning and Reporting
Certification and Requirements:
This position requires IAT Level II certification, which include at least one of the following certification requirements:
- CCNA Security - Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- CySA+ - CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
- GICSP - GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) certification
- GSEC - GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) certification
- Security+ - Security+ CE
- CND - Certified Network Defender (CND) Certification
- SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner | (ISC)²
Technical and security expertise is critical for the overall execution and success of the program. Candidates for this position must possess experience that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- Technical experience with Air Force Network (AFNET) and AFNET-S.
- Hands-on experience as an engineer providing operations and maintenance to both Server Management and Storage Management environments.
- System administration experience and expertise providing installation and deployment, monitoring, configuration, and security support to both on-premises and virtual server infrastructures.
- Expertise in the development of methods, processes, procedures, capabilities, and tools that provide Storage Management, including retrieval, availability, backup and recovery, destruction, labeling, security, and confidentiality of sensitive (secret/top secret) user data.
- Hands-on experience with a Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions and systems.
- Experience leading a team of System Administrators in support and sustainment of web, application, database, file, print, and SAN hardware and operating systems.
- Experience overseeing support for the virtual desktop infrastructure and print service capabilities.
- Experience with some of the following key technologies:
- Microsoft (MS) Windows Server (2K12 R2, 2K16, and future releases)
- TMetrics Event Manager
- Nutanix hyper-converged virtualization platform (NX-3460-G5)
- HP T310 TAA Zero Clients
- Dell iSCSI Storage Area Network
- MS MMC’s and snap-ins.
- MS scripting tools such as VBScript, Jscript, PowerShell, and command-line.
- MS SAN Management, performance monitoring, and quota tools.
- VMware (vSphere 6, vCenter Server 6, Horizon 7) and VMWare management, provisioning, and performance monitoring suite.
- Nutanix hardware, software, provisioning, and troubleshooting tools.
- Remote Desktop applications/utilities.
- VEEAM management and reporting toolsClearance, Background Investigation:
Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
Work Location: Onsite in Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), Massachusetts
All positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. RSC2 is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. firstname.lastname@example.org.