Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
The Network Engineer will serve as mid-level personnel to perform the daily tasks of operating and maintaining the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT) Network Service Center (NSC). The candidate fulfilling these functions must be fully knowledgeable in the tactical, worldwide global network from a planning, implementation and troubleshooting perspective. The GAIT cell will be based out of the Fort Detrick, Maryland (Fredrick Maryland) area. The cell will operate on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
GAIT is a colorless (transport) MPLS network that connects each of the Army Regional Hub Nodes (RHNs), multiple DoD Teleports (SATCOM only), and other points of presence together in support of a global tactical network. This network will support training, contingency and operational missions on a global scale. GAIT will provide for the successful integration of processing equipment that solves a multiphase convergence methodology: Transport Convergence phase 1 (Intelligence Convergence) and phase 2 (Telemedicine Convergence). It also provides the backhaul network for emerging requirements such as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) and Enroute Mission Command and Control (EMC2).
The GAIT Network Engineer will be responsible for mission planning, engineering, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting as required to support users requiring GAIT services. Knowledge of the PM Tactical Network (formerly PM WIN-T) architecture along with emerging technologies is required. All candidates must be able to identify with all variations of the WIN-T network, configuration and the implementation processes and procedures associated with each. The ability to assess and implement network outage or degradation remediation in a quick and resourceful manner is required.
Must have excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills enough to assist and guide problems to resolution over the phone. To that end, good customer relations skills are also a must. All candidates should have a basic understanding of tactical satellite (TACSAT) equipment and understand its relationship to the greater network architecture.
- BS Degree and 4+ years of experience. Additional work experience can be substituted for degree.
- Understand Linkway modem operations (Basic Ops)
- Understand Raydyne FDMA modem operations (Basic Ops)
- Understand NCW modem operations (Basic Ops)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Linkway NCC operations (Advanced Ops)
- Setup, troubleshoot and understand iDirect network operations (Advanced Ops) An in-depth knowledge of IP networking and processes is mandatory. The candidate must possess knowledge that is commensurate with a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification (or higher) but the certification is not a requirement for the position. Additionally, the candidate should be in compliance with DoDI 8500.01 and DoD 8570.10-M for Information Assurance Technical Level II no later than 120 days after being placed in this position.
The candidate network engineer should have a working knowledge of the topics listed below or have the potential to learn the required knowledge in a reasonable timeframe.
- Create trunks (CCNA Voice)
- Build call managers (CCNP Voice)
- Create route patterns (CCNA Voice)
- Setup and operate the REDCOM
- Setup and operate the Voice Gateway Routers (VGR) (CCNP Voice)
- Understand call setup and call traffic flow (CCNP Voice)
- Load routers/switches IOS (CCNA R&S)
- Load configurations on router/switches (CCNA R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN) (CCIE R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multicast (CCIE R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand switch technologies (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Riverbed wide area network (WAN) accelerators
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Policy Based Routing (PBR) and Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand various SP technologies ie, MVPN, LDP, MPBGP (CCNP SP)
- Information Assurance (IA)
- Load IOSs on Cisco firewalls/IPSs (CCNA Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco firewall/IPS configurations (CCNP Security)
- Understand routing and traffic flows in the RHNs, and downrange assets (CCNP Security/CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco Security Manager (CSM) (CCNP Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto virtual firewalls
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto’s Panorama firewall management tool
- Communications Security
- Set up and operate KG-175A and KG-175D model TACLANEs and/or similar encryption devices
- Set up and operate KIV-7M
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 (VMware VCP-DCV)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the various Netops applications, such as: SNMPc, Solarwinds ORION, Radius, and TACACS (Cisco ISE)
- Travel is estimated at 10% for all employees within CONUS.
- Shift work is required and there may be periods of time where employees are placed in an on call scenario and provide a good point of contact number.
- Premium hours in the amount of 10-15% is anticipated for all incumbents.
- Teamwork is a must.
- SECRET clearance is required.
: Aberdeen, MD
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.