Founded in 2009, RSC2, Inc. is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified HUBZone Professional Services company headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland. RSC2 provides breakthrough expertise, support services, and technologies to make operations, programs and systems of record perform better. Our professional staff is trained to provide world-class services to all types of customers. We uphold the integrity and quality of our work so you can expect only the best from us.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing company! This role will support Information Warfare.
Summary of Responsibilities:
For Product Manager Electronic Warfare Integration, the Software Engineer collaborates with system users, requirements owners, and developmental contractors to translate operational requirements into software requirements, designs, and implementations. Participates in planning, coordinating, scheduling, directing, and controlling engineering and technical support activities applicable to software development and integration of software tools/capabilities onto a variety of execution platforms. Participates in the development and execution of software and system test strategies. Reviews and assesses developmental contractor software code to ensure compliance with government-provided coding and cybersecurity standards. Participates in government oversight of contractor software development activities, to include as a supporting team member in agile development paradigm activities (e.g., scrums, sprint retrospectives), developing software acceptance criteria, and generating recommendations to the government Assistant Product Manager regarding development, development planning, development/test automation tools, requirements prioritization, test, evaluation, cross-system integration, and fielding/delivery, and post-delivery support of software-based systems. Provides integrated, multi-disciplinary solution recommendations for resolution of technical problems.
- 5+ years of direct experience with software development
- BS and/or graduate degree(s) in Engineering/SW Engineering/Computer Science
- Experience with integration testing of systems of systems
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Familiarity with modern DEVSECOPS activities, CI/CD, and products
- Evaluates design implications of current SW baseline and development baseline
- Help establish and maintain build environment for current product
- Ability to understand programmatic/strategic requirements and implications to the SW capability and external partners/stakeholders
- Experience in standardizing messages between unique and separate systems for collaborative missions
- EW, JICD 4.2, and/or tactical networks experience is preferred but not essential.
- Experience within DoD Acquisition framework and support to other SW based systems
- Participate in formulating program documentation and progress assessments for all phases of the acquisition process complex topics to senior leaders
- Good organizational and management skills – examples of project leadership/ownership
- Ability to understand and apply systems engineering concepts for a PM managed software capability
- Ability to plan, organize, manage, and implement systems engineering processes
- Perform systems planning activities associated with design, development, manufacturing, sustainment, and modification of systems to satisfy customer requirements
- Advise management and staff on operations, current and revised policies and procedures, and new business practices
- Maintain workflow data to meet deadlines and established priorities
- Monitor the design and development of software to ensure compatibility with operational requirements
- Responsible for the design, development, and testing of embedded software, performing hands-on integration and test of software with target hardware in the loop, and interfacing with various disciplines including system/integration/test engineering.
- Coordinates development, maintenance, and support efforts which will be directed toward functionally survivable, interoperable, logistically supportable, and cost-effective weapon systems that meet the requirements established by the customer/user.
- Provides technical input to test and support plans.
- Recommends new or improved software development policies, regulations, and directives.
- Prepares input to technical specifications, reports, and statements of work.
- Evaluates contractor proposals submitted in response to solicitations.
- Provides technical guidance to contractors, reviewing, evaluating, and summarizing contractor's technical and progress reports and ensuring that the technical provisions of specifications are met.
- Assessing performance of existing systems to determine future requirements such as hardware/software upgrades, testing and new system capabilities.
: On-site at Hanover, Maryland
Career Level: Intermediate
Required Security Clearance: Secret
: We offer a top tier benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement: As a federal contractor in compliance with Executive Order 14042, effective November 1, 2021, all positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (or medical/religious exemption) on the first day of employment. RSC2, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who cannot be vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.