The Data Architect shall have expertise in translating logical design into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved. The contractor shall be able to address issues of data migration/validation, clean-up and mapping, and shall produce and maintain the data dictionaries. The Data Architect shall provide technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis, and use of systems technology, including architecture, integration capabilities, and database management. He/she shall provide technical and data leadership for the application developers and the IT infrastructure, being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise. He/she shall work closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future IT plans and activities, including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades, and the installation of new products. He/she shall recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. The Data Architect will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
• Lead the end-to-end vision design of all the processes in a composite fashion including how they interplay and flow among themselves
• Provide and design the data topology with business intelligent Extract, Transfer, Load tools and data modeling structures
• Provide leadership in the data warehousing practices with techniques both in ETL and data modeling
• Provide expertise in both defining data structures and data integration practices for business intelligence or for operational uses
• Provide data governance practices, in data administration, in data integration, and in data modeling
• Provide support in establishing policies and goals for executing the governance, administration, integration, and modeling tasks
• Support all program operations and shall be available on a 24-hour on-call
The Data Architect must have end-to-end vision and experienced in data analysis, data migration tools, data modelling, data integration, data warehousing and database design. Must have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Science, or other relevant discipline; an advanced degree or at least twelve (12) years work experience. A Master’s Degree may substitute for four (4) years of experience, and a Ph.D. may substitute for an additional four (4) years’ experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.